Welcome!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog! This is an academic place where I post my personal thoughts, opinions, and whatever else I see fit pertaining to the course AP World History Lab 9 at John Jay High School. I hope you will read my postings, vote in my polls, use the links I provide, and utilize and enjoy all the elements of my blog.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Class Reflection

Today's class was interesting. Despite a small problem with some people not doing the region they were assigned to, we managed a productive discussion in our group. I remains a little confused about Korea's and Japan's belief systems? Were they Confucian? I also found trouble finding any fundamental differences between the syncretism in the three different regions. I am beginning to find our work on Buddhism's syncretism into China redundant. Does anyone else agree?

2 comments:

Marcus H. said...

Agreed in part William, it seems that religion in all areas was spread mostly by trade and envoys sent by the rulers of other areas to spread their religion. The only differences can be found in HOW Buddhism syncretised with local features in each society. I.E, in china you have the blending with Daoism and in Japan it was much more political.

Florian P said...

I agree with what you are saying, the points are being contineously repeated in different ways. I am starting to become comfused with how the syncretism into china and other regions differ at all. and about the origional belief systems i think that Japan was infact confucian before Buddhism arrived, but i think there was also a more origional religion there too called Shintoism, although i am not quite sure.