Welcome!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog! This is an academic place where I post my personal thoughts, opinions, and whatever else I see fit pertaining to the course AP World History Lab 9 at John Jay High School. I hope you will read my postings, vote in my polls, use the links I provide, and utilize and enjoy all the elements of my blog.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, November 16, 2007

My Thoughts On History

In response to Marcus H.'s posting on history (see "why I like history" on his blog) :

I agree with Marcus. History is a fascinating subject to me. It is true, as Marcus says, that it is nearly impossible to be a responsible citizen without knowing history. This is because history, as you may recall the Stearn's article we read at the beginning of the year pointed out, provides the only lab in which we may find enough data to gain an accurate understanding of the actions, patterns, nature, evolution, thoughts, and essence of human beings.

2 comments:

Marcus H. said...

William, if you have a response to something on my blog, why not post it on MY BLOG? just wondering. Also no one has posted anything.

Marcus H. said...

Also, so I'm not ignoring the point of you post, I'd like to say I wholeheartedly agree. We have NOTHING to base our decisions off of without studying the history of the issues we are presented with, as this provides long term perspective on the issues. History is the only decent basis for decision making, and we would be lost without it.