Welcome!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog! This is an academic place where I post my personal thoughts, opinions, and whatever else I see fit pertaining to the course AP World History Lab 9 at John Jay High School. I hope you will read my postings, vote in my polls, use the links I provide, and utilize and enjoy all the elements of my blog.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reflection: Hajj Video

I thought todays video was interesting. It provided some very interesting insight into the Hajj. I must say, I found the American female convert to Islam to be extremely obnoxious. I found it to be very interesting that such a mass migration (the largest in the world?) occurs over such a small period of time every year. The number of people moved is mind-boggling. I also found the other rituals of the Hajj interesting. I was aware of the Kaaba visit, but not the ritual stoning and the other practices. It was a good learning experience. I think we should do more in-class videos.

No comments: